Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Indoor Lettuce Revisited

I get dozens of hits every day on my main blog, Northview Diary, for growing lettuce indoors. It is absurdly easy to do, just plant lettuce in a container and put it in a sunny window.
Water.
Wait.
Hey presto, clean, tasty, homegrown salad in the middle of the winter. I love it and planted some yesterday. I put it in a pretty blue flowered pot, which will look nice, as well as providing a treat in a few weeks.
I need to bring more pots inside and get more started. Every year I threaten to grow pots of lettuce for Christmas gifts and never get around to it.
This year I am gonna actually do it.
I swear!

(Hey family members, let me know if you want one of these. It might get me moving on this project.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmm. A pot of lettice growing for christmas??? yaa that sounds good!!!
Love ya
Matt

threecollie said...

Well then little brother I will put you in the list. Love you too!

Anonymous said...

Fred Thanks!!!
Matt